26/08/2014

Beauty Products I'm Loving At The Moment

Favourite Beauty Products

I never seem to have enough favourites for a monthly post, let alone for a weekly one, but surprisingly enough I have quite a few beauty obsessions at the moment. 

My two go-to lip products of the moments are both rediscoveries. I bought both KIKO Ultra Glossy Stylo in #804 and the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in 'Beige' last Summer, wasn't impressed with either of them and tucked them away until about a month ago. I thought that the NYX lipgloss which everyone seems to adore didn't suit my skintone because it's a blue toned pink, but I found a way to make it work: I apply a sheer layer of it and then distribute it with a finger, so it doesn't just sit on the lips. I love how it looks now! 
When I want a more warm toned pink option, I have been grabbing the KIKO Ultra Glossy Stylo. It's the perfect everyday "my lips but better" shade, it makes my lips look poutier and it's so comfortable to wear! 

Another lip-related product is the Labello Lip Butter in the scent Vanilla & Macadamia. I know they came out ages ago, but I think they're pretty new on the Italian market! Anyway, I love anything vanilla scented and this lipbalm smells just gorgeous. The macadamia note tones the sweetness of the vanilla down a bit and makes it feel less artificial. As every Labello I've ever tried, this product is very nourishing and doesn't just sit on the lips. The only downside to it is the packaging - the only way I can use it is at home after I've washed my hands! 

I have pretty nice brows and I usually just use a clear gel to set them, but I bought the Catrice Eyebrow Filler Perfecting & Shaping Gel for my mom a few weeks ago, and obviously I had to test it out! I actually really enjoy using it when I want a fuller eyebrow look, especially when I wear a full face of make-up. This brow gel gives my eyebrows a natural and tidy look, which is exactly what I look for - all the better if it's a €3 product is doing the trick!

I have recently switched from using my hands to apply foundation to using a beauty blender type sponge and I couldn't be more satisfied. I find my skin looks a lot smoother and more like skin when I use it! I don't think I will ever go back to using my hands. The pointed side is perfect to apply concealer in the under-eye area and around the nose. Also, it's definitely less messy than using your fingers ;)

Lastly, something I have wanted to try for ages and finally decided to: pure Aloe Vera gel. My whole family has been obsessed with it ever since I used it to sooth my mum's, dad's and brother's burnt skin after a long day at the beach. I use it after I wax my legs, to calm down inflamations, as a moisturizer/clarifying mask, on mosquito bites... honestly, the ways you can use it are endless. I definitely recommend it!

What products have you been loving at the moment? ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment