06/01/2014

Urban Decay De-Slick Make-up Setting Spray

Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray

 Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray

Don't ask me why, but when I first moved to Rome in September my face started to produce more oil than ever - maybe because of the pollution. I have always had oily skin, but I had come to a point where foundation only lasted 3 hours on me before getting as shiny a face as a discoball. I decided I needed to do something about it, so I purchased the Urban Decay De-Slick Make-up Setting Spray!

The Urban Decay De-Slick Make-up Setting Spray is supposed, as the name suggests, to control oil and set your make-up, preventing it from separating and sliding everywhere. It doesn't contain parabens, sulfates or phtalates, which is always nice in a product. The instructions on the bottle advise you to spray it 8-10 inches away from your face, in an X and T motion - I usually don't follow that rule and spray it quite randomly, until I feel that it has reached my whole face. Also, they say you can use it before putting on your make-up, but I always feel a little strange putting any type of product that is not moisturizer on my bare skin; primers make me feel claustrophobic! I know it's silly, but I'm not the only one to say it! 

Anyway, the Urban Decay De-Slick Make-up Setting Spray comes in a very fine mist, and it doesn't feel sticky or anything like that. I have tried it without using a powder before spraying it, and it hasn't done miracles. If, however, I dust some blotting powder before, it makes my make-up last a bit longer indeed - about 5 or 6 hours without retouching. I wish it performed a bit better since sometimes I'm at Uni for longer than that, but hey - you can't expect any miracles from a setting spray.

Priced at  €24,90 for 120ml, I think it is a nice product and I am going to repurchase it not because I'm in love with it but because I need it, sadly. Maybe next time I could try the All-Nighter version - have you tried any of the two? What do you think about them?


1 comment:

  1. I really really want to try this!! Thanks for reviewing xxx

    ReplyDelete