20/01/2014

Too Faced 'A few of my favorite things'

 photo DSC_0906_zps6a8ef755.jpg

I don't know why I have been putting off writing this post for so long, maybe because the beauty I'm talking about -the Too Faced 'A Few of My Favorite Things' palette- was limited edition and you can't get it in stores anymore. As soon as I was done with my exams last month, I went on a shopping spree and this gorgeous thing was included! Even though you can only get it on Ebay for an insane amount of money, I am going to dedicate this post to this awesome palette just for the sake of sharing something beautiful with you ♥

The Too Faced 'A few of my favorite things' palette comes in a lovely pouch which chevron pattern recalls the packaging of the palette itself. I think the prettiness of the pink and gold combo was what drew me into the purchase! Inside the pouch you find a mini Better than Sex mascara and a full sized Lip Injection Color Bomb.
The star of the show, though, definitely is the palette. It comes with 20 eyeshadows, 2 blushes and 2 bronzers. The eyeshadows come in different finishes, from matte to satin to glitter. I had never tried any eyeshadow from the brand before and their quality literally blew me away! They all feel soft as butter and are extremely pigmented, except two glitter ones (1st on 1st row, 4th on 1st row) that feel a little gritty. As for the color range, it has a little bit of everything: lots of "not boring" neutrals (see Coquet, the most beautiful iridescent light pink), the most stunning golden shades I have ever tried (Tinsel, Crisp Apple Strudel), a gorgeous orchid colour, an oxblood colour, a green.. it basically has every single shade you could ever need to create a daytime and an evening look.

In the lower part of the palette you can find Raindrops on Roses, a very bright pink shade of blush which will be perfect in the warmer months, and Melt into Spring, a muted down peachy pink colour. Next to the blushes are the infamous Chocolate Soleil bronzer (it actually smells like chocolate and it looks great even on my Snow White skin) and Sun Bunny, a shimmery bronzer which gives a very pretty glow to the skin.

 photo DSC_0914_zpsf150a17a.jpg

 photo DSC_0915_zps223428ea.jpg

I cannot say more about this palette other than "I am in love with it"! Did you manage to get your hands on it? If not, would you ever have the guts to purchase it for three times its price on eBay? ;)

 photo DSC_0918_zpsaedf6b1f.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'm so sad I missed it when there was a chance. Oh well, hope you'll enjoy yours, looks like a lovely addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have this and i LOVE it!

    vanitizebaby@yahoo.com

    www.meandbella.com

    ReplyDelete