30/09/2013

Make-up storage tips

makeup storage

makeup storage

My make-up collection is not big at all comparing to some you can find on Youtube videos, where girls show their make-up room, but it's not as small that I can fit it all in a make-up bag. I think I have found a pretty inexpensive way to keep my make-up in place and I wanted to share it with you! 

My favourite way to store my make-up is using acrylic tea bags organizers like this one: I just remove the lid so that I'm left with a nice 'open' box with different compartments. There are plenty of wooden tea bag organizers, but I find that clear acrylic ones are better because you find the product that you are looking for more easily. Eyeliners, mascaras, lipsticks and even foundations and tiny palettes fit perfectly in this type of boxes! I managed to store 10 lip products in just one compartment, which  makes this kind of solution much more convenient than using a lipstick holder in my opinion. 

In my latest trip to IKEA I have found something similar to a tea bag box - it's called Krus and it's a cookie holder thingy. It comes with two dividers and you can choose whether to use one or both, which is great! For some reason I can only find it in the Italian IKEA website, but I bet it's available in other countries too :)

How do you like to store your make-up?   

7 comments:

  1. IKEA containers are great for makeup organization! :D I also like to buy clear organizers from Daiso to store/display my makeup stuff, since it's cheap and pretty sturdy (not to mention some are super cute). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a Daiso near me... their stuff looks so cute ):

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use an IKEA container from the series ANTONIUS ( http://www.ikea.com/it/it/catalog/products/50043573/ ) to organize my make-up products .
    I also like Muji containers , but I consider them a bit pricey .
    Chibilaria ღ Cute Random Lifestyle and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely check the ANTONIUS organizers next time I go to IKEA :) They are so cheap compared to Muji products!

      Delete
  4. same here, I also have tiny acrylic or plastic organizers to arrange them all nicely. :)

    http://pinkii-life-g3lakmini.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oddio, devo avere Krus, allora!!! :3 Grazie per il post, cara, suuuuper helpful! :D

    ReplyDelete