24/07/2012

Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes BR792 & Skinfood Sugar Bloom Shadow Box in Cappuccino Bloom

Photobucket


















Today I wanted to do a little comparison between two eyeshadow palettes I got in a swap months and months ago: Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes in BR792 and Skinfood Sugar Bloom Shadow Box in Cappuccino Bloom. The reason why I'm doing this is because I'm leaving for Florence in about a week; I don't want to pack a lot of make-up and I had in mind to bring one of these two little quads, since they're so small. I'm still wondering why I chose two palettes so similar to one another, but nevermind: onto the comparison. (If I'll find any difference between the two!)

I remember I was pretty much haunted by the Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes BR792 when I swapped for it. You know when you want a beauty item and you'll never be satisfied until you get it? It was that kind of thing with this quad, probably because of the irresistible packaging. How can one not love Majolica Majorca? Their items are so romantic and elegant!
This palette comes with 4 eyeshadows and a little sponge applicator (I doubt I'll ever use it). It features a pearly white shade, a light gold, a rather coppery gold and a brown. All of them are heavily glittery, especially the white! In fact, it's not very pigmented; almost only the glitter shows up. I wouldn't recommend using this palette other than for the night time.

Photobucket


Photobucket

The Skinfood Sugar Bloom Shadow Box #3 comes in a sturdier box than the MajoMajo, which was housed in a plastic case, while the Skinfood palette comes in a little tin. That's a bonus for Skinfood. It comes with 3 shades: a brown, a gold and a lighter pinky gold, all of which, like the MajoMajo ones, are very glittery. The brown is a bit more pigmented than the brown in the other palette.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Considering that I'll only wear eyeshadow at night, I don't mind if these palettes are glittery. But as you can see from the pics, used on their own they're just too much! I will have to bring some mattes to use as a base, otherwise I'll look like a glitterball! What are you bringing on holiday make-up wise?

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love doing a swap too! I'm interested in doing a swap in about a couple of months. Just hit me up if interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice review and wow, i love the colours in the pallets! they suit your eyes beautifully too <3

    ReplyDelete