17/12/2011

My first swap + BareMinerals Pretty Amazing lipgloss review

I have recently discovered make-up swapping and I love it! I think it's great because you can have access to products that aren't available in your country. Of course there's online shopping for that, but swapping is much more fun to me, and you can also make other people happy :) I love getting mail and I think it's the same for everyone. A few days ago I received my first swap from a lovely girl from Ireland. Here's what she sent me.

Photobucket

a BareMinerals Pretty Amazing lipgloss in Moxie along with little Essence and Bourjois nail polishes :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, the BareMinerals Pretty Amazing lipgloss is ... pretty amazing. This is the first product from Bare Escentuals I've ever tried. First of all, the packaging looks very nice and classy, and the applicator works well considering this lipgloss is quite thick. 

Photobucket

This lipgloss is very highly pigmented. It's a very bright pink, I'd call it a "Barbie pink"! Ok, maybe it's a bit too bright for my taste and I wouldn't consider it for an everyday use because I generally go for neutrals, but it's a nice colour anyway. I think I'll use this lipgloss a lot in the summer, because it is so saturated! 

Photobucket

What I love about this product: its smoothness. It's very easy to apply and it doesn't bleed. It stays on for white a long time considering it's a lipgloss - about 3 or 4 hours. 
What I don't like about this product: as I said, this shade is a bit too ... noticeable for me! It suits me because I have light brown hair, but again, I like to wear neutrals. I got this in a swap and I'm happy I had the chance to try something new, but I don't think I would buy this lipgloss if I had the chance to. Maybe I'd choose another shade! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment